Tuesday, June 27, 2017

BAA 10k

Still I run, run, run, run right into you...
Yeah, I run, run, run, run right into you...

{Run -- Matt Nathanson}

On Sunday, I finally ran the BAA 10k! A 6.2 mile trip through Back Bay and the BU neighborhood. It's so fun to have running friends now and was great to be down at the starting line with Robin! We made our way to the starting chute and were ready to go.

It was a gorgoeus morning with no humidity but it got hot on the course fast! There was pretty much no shade from mile 1.5 to mile 4.75. I will admit...it was not my best race. The heat got in my head early on and I fought to stay hydrated.

By mile 3ish I was really beating myself up mentally and realized it was ruining my race. I looked down at my momentum wrap and started chanting my mantra "nevertheless she persisted." From that point on I threw a time goal out the window, enjoyed the course, encouraged myself, and took care of myself. I sadly saw many runner down (for us it easily felt over 100ยบ) and just focused on crossing the finish line strong.

I really enjoyed the last mile, knowing I was doing it! I came round to the last couple of kilometers and powered to the finish - hands in the air the whole way.

Once it was done I was proud, no race is perfect, but I did it! I enjoyed my post race banana because seriously...all that running just for a free banana!

Now it's a few weeks off to really gear up for half marathon training!!!


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...life is all about putting one foot in front of the other, keep up the good work.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Great job!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What a great mantra!! Good for you, powering through and finishing!!

Taz + Belly said... {Reply}

Congratulations!!

Samyuktha Semi Jayaprakash said... {Reply}

That is awesome!
Recently , I also came upon the realisation that once you let go of that tension and break free you can truly soar to your potential. :)

Jeanna said... {Reply}

All that running for a free banana, hahaha. You are inspiring, I can't run at all but I'm making strides in the pool. Great job, you earned that fruit.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Very cool. The main thing is that you finished. Great job

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Great running Tamar, well done. I need to run a 10k again :) Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday blog hop

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

You go girl!

Jill Harrison said... {Reply}

congratulations on your run. I've never been a runner, but my son does marathons. Happy running!

NCSue said... {Reply}

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing these great photos at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/shades-of-purple.html

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Good for you, Tamar! I LOVE your mantra--it should be the mantra of every woman these days--especially these days!

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

God job! Totally impresed!