Thursday, March 2, 2017

Franklin Institute

One of my most favorite places in Philly is the Franklin Institute, the science museum. I have so many childhood memories of time there, exploring the halls and exhibits. I even had my 10th birthday party there!

Naturally, a quick trip to Philly called for a trip back to revisit my favorite place. It was everything I remembered and more.
 The biggest addition is a whole new addition which now houses an exhibit about the brain. It was amazing and they really outdid themselves. So many interactive features and some amazing pieces!
 To complement the museum's famous heart, there is now a giant 2 story neural pathway you can climb in. And naturally, I climbed it!
Of course we went through the giant heart, twice. Walked through the giant locomotive, played with the giant fulcrum, and checked out the giant pendulum.  
Sometimes it's fun to be a kid again and take a walk down memory lane! 


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

That looks and sounds like a fabulous place to visit! Glad you had fun.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I still love visiting the FI, it never gets old!

Mitzi said... {Reply}

I've never been to Philly...but that looks and sounds like a wonderful place to visit! Images are stunning!

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

It's always fun to be a kid again. We should never lose the "kid" inside us. :)

Miranda said... {Reply}

This looks like so much FUN!! I love things like this :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I'm pretty sure I went to the Franklin Institute as a kid, but as a northerner I spent more time at the NY Hall of Science and Liberty Science Center! lol! My kids love those climbing things at museums. I love how they have science themes rather than just being playgrounds. Great pictures!

Molly said... {Reply}

I love Philly and I love FI, one of the best museums I have ever had the pleasure of visiting

Mollyx

Tom said... {Reply}

...I've never been there before, thanks for the tour.

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

Gosh, looks like I need to make another visit too.

abrianna said... {Reply}

What a fun place to visit. And that staircase is simply grand.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That looks like a super fun place to visit. Very cool.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

I remember taking my children there a few times when they were young. It is an amazing museum!

Ohmydearests said... {Reply}

It looks fantastic! Especially the ginormous anatomical models! Wow!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

WOW - my kids would love that place!

Ida said... {Reply}

That looks like a super fun and interesting place. Can't imagine walking through a heart.